A full write up from this debate is available to download now.
The debate was held from 8.30am -12pm. We also invited attendees to join us for minced pies and mulled wine after the debate.
McKinsey have stated that retail banks have digitized only 20-40% of the customer experience. They argue the retail banks are investing too little on digital and that bank executives tend to view digital transformation too narrowly. So where is the opportunity?
Our panel of experts for the Live Debate were:
- HOST: Douglas Blakey, Group Editor of Consumer Finance Titles, Timetric
- Rhys Berry, Director of Collections Technology and Operations, Santander
- Tom Blomfield, CEO, Mondo
- Chris Gledhill, CEO & Co-Founder, Secco Bank, formerly Innovation Technologist at Lloyds Banking Group
- Alessandro Hatami, Advisory Board Member, Advanced Payment Solutions, formerly Digital Payments and Innovation Director, Group Digital at Lloyds Banking Group, and member of the judging panel for The Power 50, 2015
- Daryl Wilkinson, Co-founder, Lab12 Innovation Ltd, outgoing Head of Group Innovation, Nationwide
- Simon Cadbury, Head of Strategy and Innovation, Intelligent Environments
We were pleased to have some great sponsors for the December Live Debate
Jumio is a leading identity management and credentials company that helps businesses reduce fraud and increase revenue while providing a fast, seamless customer experience.
The company utilizes proprietary computer vision technology to reduce customer sign-up and checkout friction and verify credentials issued from over 130 countries in real-time web and mobile transactions.
Jumio’s products are leveraged by a wide range of clients; from
the leading internet companies to start-ups, Fortune 500 and FTSE 350 organizations in the financial services, sharing economy, retail, travel and online gaming sectors. Jumio is backed by top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Citi Ventures and Facebook Co-Founder Eduardo Saverin.
Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, Jumio operates globally, with offices in the US and Europe, and has been the recipient of numerous awards for innovation from leading industry associations.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company, offering a full range of technology products, digital solutions, and services. Approximately 159,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We are proud to partner with companies such as Intelligent Environments to use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our financial services customers.