Our panellists for the debate hailed from some of the most innovative and forward thinking banks across Europe – ABank, mBank and PKO!
Watch and read about the Live Debate: download the full write up, watch the video highlights and download the whitepaper by Simon Cadbury now.
The topic of this debate was:
What can we learn about best practice from our European colleagues?
Points of discussion on the day included:
- Is it fair comment, as many analysts argue, that there are areas where UK banks are trailing behind digitally innovative markets such as Poland, Spain and Turkey?
- How can UK banks take their digital banking to the next level?
- How should financial institutions benchmark their own digital banking capabilities and plan improvements to their services?
- How are some of the leading banks in Europe offering mobile features that meet or exceed customers' needs and expectations?
- What are the main challenges facing UK banks as they strive to drive up customer adoption of the latest technology?
All of our panellists, who joined Douglas Blakey, Group Editor of Consumer Finance Titles, Timetric and Chairman of The Digital Banking Club on the day are leaders in digital financial services and brought a variety of knowledge and opinions to what was a lively and thought provoking debate.
- Ahmet Ertan Algan, Digital Banking and Card Payment Systems Unit Head, ABank
- Jakub Grzechnik, Head of Mobile and Internet Banking, PKO Bank, Polski
- Jacek Iljin, Managing Director Retail Banking, mBank
- Oliwia Berdak, Senior Analyst Serving EBusiness & Channel Strategy Professionals, Forrester
- Simon Cadbury, Director of Strategy and Innovation, Intelligent Environments
The Digital Banking Club Live Debate event app was a great sucess, with most of the delegates on the day using it to interact with each other and to submit questions to Douglas Blakey during the Q&A.
The Digital Banking Club would like to say a big thank you to Experian and Fujitsu, who sponsored the Live Debate.
Experian are the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to clients around the world. They help businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making.
They also help people to check their credit report and credit score, and protect against identity theft. In 2015, they were named by Forbes magazine as one of the ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’.
Experian employ approximately 17,000 people in 37 countries and our corporate headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, US; and São Paulo, Brazil. Experian plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 index. Total revenue for the year ended March 31, 2015, was US$4.8 billion.
To find out more about our company, please visit their website or watch their documentary, ‘Inside Experian’.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication
technology (ICT) company, offering a full range of technology products, digital solutions, and services. Approximately 159,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We are proud to partner with companies such as Intelligent Environments to use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our financial services customers.