At our October debate our panel discussed “Just how much promise does the Internet Of Things offer the world of Financial Services?”
Read about the Live Debate and download the opinion piece by Simon Cadbury now.
Discussion points included:
- What benefits will the IoT bring to the financial services sector?
- Specifically how can the IoT be utilised to add value to the customer experience?
- Can today’s financial services infrastructures cope with all the data it will produce?
- Can the regulators keep up?
- How can banks deploy the Internet of things to collaborate with third parties such as loyalty companies and retailers to reward customers?
- What are the potential security and privacy concerns? Will the IoT leave consumers in a constant state of surveillance anxiety?
- Readiness and industry enthusiasm? How are financial services providers designing products and services that align with smart services and how should they approach investment?
The following joined our Chairman, Douglas Blakey, Group Editor of Consumer Finance Titles, Timetric and Chairman of The Digital Banking Club:
- Shashidhar Bhat, Head EMEA Digital Banking, from Citibank
- Ankit Chhajer, Digital Lead - Customer Experience Design & Sales Innovation, RBS
- Kate Frankish, Head of Payment Strategy, Tesco Bank
- Teppo Paavola, Chief Development Officer, General Manager of New Digital Businesses, BBVA
- Richard Rowntree, Head of Specialist Banking, Future Williams & Glyn
- Simon Cadbury, Director of Strategy and Innovation, Intelligent Environments
POWER 50 2016
We also invited winners of our European Financial Services ‘Power 50’ 2016 to join us at the event. They were presented with their awards at after the panel session had concluded.