Our topic on this occasion is: "What role can digital play in identifying and helping vulnerable customers?"
The discussion points include:
Vulnerable customers experience specific obstacles in managing their money and are significantly more likely to end up in financial difficulty as a result. Our panel will discuss:
- What is meant by a vulnerable consumer - and how can digital technology help in defining vulnerability?
- The challenges that vulnerable customers face in relation to managing their finances, how these challenges evolve in collections situations, and how they vary across sectors such as utilities, consumer finance and more.
- What are current best practise standards for identifying vulnerability - and how is digital technology being used in the process?
- The role of digital technology when vulnerable customers are in financial difficulty.
Our panel for this debate:
The debate will be chaired by Fred Crawley, Consulting Editor, Credit Strategy and Chair of the DBC for Collections. Joining Fred are:
- Chris Fitch, Vulnerability Lead, Money Advice Trust
- Jake Beavan, Policy Manager, Citizens Advice
- Martin O'Donnell, Lead Digital Analyst, Capquest
- Rachel O'Connor, Senior Commercial Manager, Distressed & Vulnerable customers, Barclaycard
- Randolph McFarlane, Head of Sales and Partnerships, Intelligent Environments
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company. During life’s big moments – from buying a home or a car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business by connecting with new customers – we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence.
We help individuals to take financial control and access financial services, businesses to make smarter decisions and thrive, lenders to lend more responsibly, and organisations to prevent identity fraud and crime.
We have more than 16,000 people operating across 37 countries and every day we’re investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation to help all our clients maximize every opportunity. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and are a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
Learn more at www.experianplc.com or visit our global content hub at our global news blog for the latest news and insights from the Group.
The Law Society, London WC2A 1PL