The Digital Banking Club hosted another Live Debate in the form of an interactive breakfast debate on Today’s digital banking security is outmoded and offers a poor customer experience!
The debate provided much food for thought on financial services industry needing to set a higher security standard in the fight against cybercrime.
Points of discussion were:
- Is the issue of protecting customers getting easier or harder?
- How are consumer perceptions around security impacting customer adoption of online & mobile banking services? How can these be overcome?
- What is the right balance between security and usability? What do customers want?
- Who is most responsible for a customer’s online security – the customer or their bank?
- What role can technology play?
The panel Included:
- HOST: Douglas Blakey, Editor of the Consumer Finance Titles, Timetric
- Tarika Dhingra, Digital Security and Authentication, RBS Group
- Bruce McKee, Financial Services Industry Lead, Microsoft UK
- Roy Vella, Digital expert, Vella Ventures
- Andrew Tarver, Founder and CEO, BOLDROCKET
- Clayton Locke, CTO, Intelligent Environments